It’s not too late to join in! See link to register below. Look for art installations in the park starting on Sunday at noon.
Thursday night Common Boston/Common Build revealed the location of their 6th annual design/build competition: Magazine Beach Park! This year’s theme is “The Places In Between.” Teams are invited to explore the intersection of two vibrant communities, Allston-Brighton and Kendall/MIT, to uncover what such places mean to the community, both individually and collectively.
Teams + Participants: Register here individually or as a group ASAP; buy one “ticket” per head. You’ll receive an email requesting your team name and team members. Download the form below. Note that this competition is open to all regardless of background, and teams can be of any size. We also encourage “free agents” to sign up and join a team at the kick-off event. Questions? Go to email@example.com.
· Kick-off: Thursday, October 2nd – The 72-hour Common Build count-down will begin! (You can still join!)
· Tools Down: Sunday, October 5th at noon
· Tour with Judges: Sunday, October 5th from 1–4pm, Spectators welcome! RSVP separately.
· Public display onsite: Sunday October 5th through Sunday October 12th
· Awards Ceremony: Friday, October 10th at the BSA, 6pm-8pm, Spectators welcome! RSVP separately.
· De-Installation: Sunday, October 12th, 11am-4pm
View this project on coUrbanize, where you can follow CBCB14 from start to finish, comment in the community forum, and even vote for favorite projects too. Hope to see you there!
PRIZES: Over $1000 will be awarded to teams selected by our jurors and by the public via an online vote.